поиск:    

переход:  

Технологии
Технологии
Екатеринбург Онлайн
Форумы:  Операторы связи,   Модели телефонов,   Покупка-продажа телефонов,   Цифровое фото,   Обсуждение гаджетов,   Интернет

Форумы  > Технологии > Технические вопросы (железо)  

Issues with new to me GPU. Drivers? Hardware issue? Help!

Список Тем  |   Поиск  |   Правила  |   Статистика  |
Issues with new to me GPU. Drivers? Hardware issue...   #431075  наверх
Автор: 
Дата:   

So with some parts I had, and some parts a good friend sent, ive assembled a lower-end gaming pc for my son for his birthday (hes 6, so hes only playing like minecraft, roblox, etc) im having an issue though regarding the gpu.

When i have the gpu installed, i have no monitor output whether i plug into the GPU, or into the motherboard VGA or HDMI. I figure this may be due to drivers, so i uninstalled the GPU from the case, its sitting on the table right now, and im using on-board graphics. When i download compatible drivers from Nvidia, the installation wont continue because it doesnt see the GPU installed (obviously). But i cant install the GPU because i have absolutely no video output if i do.

What steps do i take from here?

Build is as follows.

Motherboad: Asus P5G41T-M DDR 3 "gaming motherboard"

Ram: 2×4GB DDR3

CPU: Intel core 2 quad Q6600

GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 650 2gb

Storage: 2x500gb western digital hdds

Windows 10 newest build

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance

Also, i figured maybe at first it was because i hadnt installed windows or anything at that point. I removed the GPU, updated BIOS, wiped partitions and installed Windows 10. Tried installing drivers like mentioned above, but didnt work. So this is where im stuck. Is there a way to force install the drivers so i can try it with drivers already installed?

The computer isnt close to the router so i cant plug it in, i just have a tiny 801.11n usb dongle for wifi, which works very well ill add. So there is internet, just not connected via LAN cable.

Praying to the computer gods i just did something wrong and the GPU is fine, my sons bday is the 19th and i cant afford to buy another GPU. Ill do a triple check to make sure its seated good.

It plugs in via 6-pin plug. Instead of the one directly on the PSU, i have a 2×molex-to-6-pin adapter ill try as well to rule out the power cable.

Also, when the PC posts, it always kicks the fans to high speed for a few seconds right after post and the loading screens. Though i couldn't see it with the GPU connected, it still does the fan kick, so im assuming it made it through post.

The pc is currently working fine, minus the GPU not being installed until I figure out what to do next. Windows 10 is running, and my sons watching youtube on it at the moment. The 15yr old sony vaio laptop he was using finally died today too, so i have no backup PC to do anything with.

Thanks again,
0/1 |    |  Поделиться:  
Re: Issues with new to me GPU. Drivers? Hardware i...   #431078  наверх
Автор: User111.1 
Дата:   

It's a bullshit :beach: Go to the BIOS through on board VGA port & select to boot from PCI-E first . Do non plug GPU until doing this step , plug it after .

[Сообщение изменено пользователем 07.10.2021 18:59]
1/0 |    |  Поделиться:  
Re: Issues with new to me GPU. Drivers? Hardware i...   #431087  наверх
Автор: Бухалов 
Дата:   

what da fack is going on
1/0 |    |  Поделиться:  
Re: Issues with new to me GPU. Drivers? Hardware i...   #431090  наверх
Автор: User111.1 
Дата:   

32 is dead . drink to me , drink to my soul , you know I can’t drink anymore

:padre:

[Сообщение изменено пользователем 12.10.2021 15:22]
  |  Поделиться:  
Список Тем  |   Поиск  |   Правила  |   Статистика  |

Внимание! сейчас Вы не авторизованы и не можете подавать сообщения как зарегистрированный пользователь. Чтобы авторизоваться, нажмите на эту ссылку (после авторизации вы вернетесь на эту же страницу)

Мой E1 

Вход для зарегистрированных пользователей:
E-mail:
Пароль:
Если Вы не зарегистрированы, то добро пожаловать на страницу регистрации.
Если Вы зарегистрированы, но забыли пароль, Вы можете его запросить.

Развернуть блок
 Погода